Saturday, August 21, 2010

Why does my rabbit go to sleep every time I hold her on her back, like a baby?

Is this just a natural reaction?Why does my rabbit go to sleep every time I hold her on her back, like a baby?
http://www.hopperhome.com/trancing_rabbi鈥?/a>Why does my rabbit go to sleep every time I hold her on her back, like a baby?
Hello, it is called trancing, as one person mentioned...and there is some controversy as to how acceptable this is. There is a danger if rabbit twists as it comes out of trance that can lead to back injury, which can be permanent, and lead to pts. So be very careful. Another consideration is that it might be a prey response so that every time you do that, it is the rabbits way to prepare to be eaten: that might be seen as cruel by some people. For more answers and information about pet rabbits, go to:


http://homepage.mac.com/mattocks/morfz/r鈥?/a>
I don't know? Maybe she is comfortable.
my rabbit does the same thing they do that because they trust you and feel comfortable around u
rabbits are food animals. she is just trying to make herself as comfortable as possible before you eat her. she knows she can't escape, she hasn't got the strength of mind to look you in the face, so she just relaxes. seems like a pretty good bunny-rabbit philosophy to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment