Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can I leave my rabbit alone for 7 days?

I'm going on holiday for 7 days. If I leave 7 days worth of food and 2 huge bottles full of water (1 bottles normally lasts about a week), a huge amount of hay (he eats this) and a couple of carrots, will my rabbit be OK? Do rabbits eat all their food at once, or do they only eat when they're hungry?Can I leave my rabbit alone for 7 days?
It is quite irresponsible of you to leave you rabbit alone for 7 days, you should not have a rabbit if you can't get someone to look after it for you.Can I leave my rabbit alone for 7 days?
Rabbits graze constantly .....so if the food is there he will eat it and I would really hate for you to come back and find that your rabbit has starved..





get a friend to look after it or at least call around to check it...
no rabbits do eat their food and stop when they are full. umm you may want to get a automattic feeder that will gernerously give out food for a certain amounts a day or twice depending on how often you feed him. he will heat the hay when he is hungry so yes im sure you can leave him alone. just have someone you know come over and check on him about half way through. oh and you may want to get him some toys for him to play with while you are gone since no one will be there to play with him. have fun on your break. oh and the water will be fine 2.
I wouldn't risk it. Ask someone to check on him 2 or 3 times during the week.
i have 3 rabbits and i never leave them alone


but i guess that he will be alright


my rabbits usually dont eat all of their food at once they will eat a bit then empty the food bowl at cage floor and when they are hungry they will eat it


i always clean their cages every week so there is a lot of uneaten food left


i dont know why but they like their hay and carrots more than their pellet diet
no it will die leave it will a friend


but don't leace it with a friend that may like to eat rabbit
ogmygod! No! you can't leave it alone for a week. Would you leave a dog alone for a week? A rabbit will always eat whatever food they have in front of them in one sitting. That's why I feed mine in the morning and again at night. Please get a pet sitter.
I would be more concerned about the water issue than the food tbh. Water should be changed daily due ot micro-organisms which develop after it has been standing.





Leaving the water for a week at a time could possibly cause nasties in it which would make your rabbit sick - maybe not life threateningly so but sick all the same.





Do you have a neighbour who wouldn't mind taking care of the water for you daily?
rabbits eat when they are hungry just like humans. ANd it would be fine to leave your rabbit but if i were you i would have a neighbor or friend come and check on it every day or every 2 days. Rabbits need a lot of attention and it might get upset if it is all alone. Hope this helps!!! And have fun where ever you are going!!!
ummm... i dont think that is a good idea... do u have a relative that you can ask to ';bunny-sit'; for u... dats wat i did... i made like daily instructions printed it out... gave them everything they needed and my phone number jus incase...
Most likely he will eat it all at once and not realize he is full. I'm sure like humans, we do not know when we are full until we stop. But being a rabbit he won't think about how much he has eaten. I would have someone watch him if I were you.





Hope that helps.

No comments:

Post a Comment