Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Is a pet rabbit right for me?

I have about 1-2 hours per day to feed, water, and clean my rabbits litter box; and can provide 2-3 hours of play time out of the cage. I am gone for about 4-6 hours on week days. I am in middle school but want a companion or two. (I hear rabbits like friends.)


Is a rabbit the right pet for me? Or should I get a different pet? Please answer.Is a pet rabbit right for me?
I think that if you are responsible for a rabbit..that you should get one..


be responisble and read-up on them to make sure that you are wiling to take up this big job..I have a rabbit and they are alot of work, but they are worth every bit of work it takes...good luck!





Check out rabbits on petfinder.com..adopting is aways the best route when getting a new pet!Is a pet rabbit right for me?
A himalayan rabbit sounds great for you! The Himalayan Rabbits are known for being one of the best pet rabbits. They are very calm, easygoing, and easy to handle. Himalayans are not demanding, but they do enjoy attention from humans. Their coats are easy to care for, so the only thing about them that requires great care is keeping their cages clean. The Himalayan Rabbit is one of the most popular small rabbit breeds. Its distinctive markings and pink eyes make it a favorite of rabbit enthusiasts, and its calm, friendly attitude makes it a great pet. It is one of the best rabbits for children, with a slender, almost cat-like body that is easy for them to grasp. It is, however, important to remind them to be as gentle with the rabbit as he is with them.
If you are out of the house for long periods you need to make sure your pet rabbit has a secure but large area to play in. This means no power cables that they will bite through, no dangerous objects or things that could fall over. As a minimum they should have 6ft x 6ft to play in whilst you are not there.
rabbits are a little hard to take care of. try a guinea pig. their good for beginners.

No comments:

Post a Comment