Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have a dog which is 1 and is a beagle, I want to get a rabbit, do u think that they could get along?

A BEAGLE AND A RABBITI have a dog which is 1 and is a beagle, I want to get a rabbit, do u think that they could get along?
it depends on the dog itself.. I had a beagle/bassett mix in a home with a rabbit with no problem (my rabbit was allowed to roam the house.. ).. I never had a problem..





Even outside mine will track small animals, but it just barks/bays to tell me they are there and watches them.. doesn't hunt them..I have a dog which is 1 and is a beagle, I want to get a rabbit, do u think that they could get along?
No. Beagles are hunting dogs and they go after rodents and other smaller animals. If you get the rabbit it is best to keep them separated.
No, Beagles were bred to track/hunt down things such as rabbits, if youre gonna get another pet, just get a fish or another dog.
Don't bet on it that it wouldn't hurt something. Beagles go after rabbits all the time. It's in their nature. They are meant to hunt rodents. Frogs are not rodents.
Will be tough cause they use beagles for rabbit hunting you could try introducing the rabbit in a cage and see how the dog reacts
it depends if your dog has been hunting before. but if not then yea i would get one. just let your dog know that it bad to hurt the bunny
No no no! The rabbit will not last one day. The hound instinct is too strong. Don't do it. Sorry.
No. Not a chance. Beagles would usually go after rodents. I believe. I may be wrong. But I wouldn't risk it.
Um... no.





The beagle would have a very nice meal though!
Weeeelll...considering Beagles were bred to hunt rabbits (among other critters), I'd say not likely.
aidan f, I haven't had any problems with my beagle.

No comments:

Post a Comment