Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Can my Holland Lop rabbit have pet trail mix?

I have a 7th month old Holland Lop named Dalilah. I have seen in stores that they have pet trail mix.I was wondering if its safe for her to have that. It looks like regular trail mix so im a lil worried if i should let her try it.Please let me know if you have any Information on this, Thanks.Can my Holland Lop rabbit have pet trail mix?
The mixes are pet stores are not good for rabbits. They have a ton of seeds and nuts which can cause obesity and some other health problems.





If you want to give your rabbit a treat, you can used some dried or fresh fruit (no sugar if possible), veggies or some healthy rabbit treats.Can my Holland Lop rabbit have pet trail mix?
A rabbit should have no more than a tablespoon and a half of commercial rabbit pellets a day. The bulk of their diet MUST be timothy hay and a serving of appropriate greens like parsley, cilantro, carrot tops, kale, etc. with occasional small treats of carrot nubs, a slice of apple, or banana.





I would stay away from any ';pet trail mix'; - too much sugary fruit and nuts, etc. Very high in calories and I don't think too good for the rabbit's intestinal tract. Dealing with intestinal problems with rabbits can be deadly and/or very expensive to treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment