Saturday, August 21, 2010

Introducing a third rabbit into a bonded pair?

I have a bonded pair (male/female). The male is neutered, but the female is not spayed. (No vet within an hour's drive is qualified!) I have a 2nd male rabbit who will be fixed when he is old enough. I had no problem getting the pair to bond but I'm afraid with 2 males they will fight. Will it be harder to get both rabbits to accept the new one? How do I introduce the third rabbit into the pair with minimal conflict?Introducing a third rabbit into a bonded pair?
Rabbits are NOT animals that require company. My advice, seperate all of them. It is frightening rabbit management to house any amount of adult rabbits in the same pen. I'm sorry if this sounds harsh, but I have been raising rabbits for the past 12 years, and it is incredibly irritating when people think it is appropiate to house them together!Introducing a third rabbit into a bonded pair?
Well if they fight you can holdd then away get somebody else to feed one a treat while you do the same with the other!!!
yes

No comments:

Post a Comment