Saturday, August 21, 2010

I have a rabbit of an unknown breed When I addopted him they said he was a possible dutch mix?

He is a small Rabbit about 4lbs last vet visit. He is white and a kind of tannish gray large patches. His face looks a lot like my female that I know is a dutch. The one thing about him that I find unique is he has bright blue eyes. I've looked at many rabbit pictures and looked a rabbits at the state fair and pet stores and have never seen another blue eyed rabbit. Is this a rare trait


ot a trait that is normally found in a specific breed?I have a rabbit of an unknown breed When I addopted him they said he was a possible dutch mix?
The blue eyes are kind of rare, but it most likely cannot tell you what kind of breed he is mixed with cause I have a English Spot with blues eyes and a Lionhead with blues eyes. :)I have a rabbit of an unknown breed When I addopted him they said he was a possible dutch mix?
i once had a rabbit with gray eyes, he was white with a gray nose. he was so beautiful! i had him for 7 years and was never able to determine the breed. i've never seen one with blue eyes. i now have a new zealand. their eyes are red in certain lighting BUT in different lighting they are a very pale blue. i'm not sure if that could give you a clue, good luck.
I had a blue eyed rabbit, i dont think its rare.
obviously you have no clue about your rabbits family...sometimes it is possible for an animal, mixed or pure, to have blue eyes. it is a possibility there is albino in the line, or a mutation for albino is in the line.


feel fortunate! most ';colored'; animals do not get blue eyes unless they have been selectively, years of breeding, bred for it! however, gray, a light or mixed color can have the gene for blue or pink eyes(albino). it happens in all animals, including race horses, and people!


do not think breeding your rabbit this will occur in offspring, it is highly unlikely to occur.


i hope you enjoy your unique pet and give it lots of love and the care it deserves!

No comments:

Post a Comment