Saturday, August 21, 2010

If i have and excercise pen for my rabbit?

what should i put in it? i know toys, maybe a sand box so he can scracth it, but what else? (its going to be on a wood floor and probally gonna be big.If i have and excercise pen for my rabbit?
Mine LOVE cardboard boxes!!! I would put a box or two inside the pen and cut holes in a few sides so they and hop in and out of the boxes. I also put a ball in the pen. My buns love to push the ball around with their noses. Paper plates (or bowls, cups, etc.) are always a favorite, as well!!





Obviously, make sure your bun has plenty of fresh water, hay, and a litter box for the pen.If i have and excercise pen for my rabbit?
a companion
Check out this link, it has some good ideas:


http://www.rabbit.org/chapters/san-diego鈥?/a>


Congratulations on providing your bun-bun with a larger more stimulating cage!


Too many people keep rabbits in a tiny wire cage :(
My rabbit doesn't play with store bought toys. I have her pen outside, and it has a sizable container with soil for her to dig in, which she does periodically. It's been a year and I'm still tweaking her pen, never changing too much at one time but trying to find the right mix of materials to keep her active and psychologically healthy. Maybe something with tunnels, and levels or tiers, although that part would have to be enclosed so your rabbit doesn't go over the top.
Maybe some water
Look at parrot toys especially the wooden ones .. Rabbits love to chew on wooden blocks etc.. Dog and cat toys are just not made properly for animals that swallow almost everything they chew on ;) Id deffinately give him a nice box to hide in for privacy as well sometimes they just want a quite place!

No comments:

Post a Comment