Saturday, August 21, 2010

Can my dutch rabbit get the flu from me?

Apparently my little sis gave me a strand of the swine flu [ahh!] and i love my bunny baby, JoJo, but i don't want to make him sick! Can he get the virus from contact?Can my dutch rabbit get the flu from me?
Actually, like the first answerer said, your flu virus can't be given to the rabbit unless it mutates.





However, there is one way that you can give your rabbit the flu that you may not have thought of. Rabbits get often get the flu from direct contact with other rabbits. If you handle another rabbit that has a cold, then handle your rabbit without cleaning your hands, you could potentially give your rabbit a cold. Always clean your hands with a wet-wipe or something if you've handled another person's rabbits before handling your own.Can my dutch rabbit get the flu from me?
No. In order for your rabbit to receive swine flu, the virus would have to mutate in a form that would be able to invade the rabbit's body. Swine flu originated amongst pigs (hence the name Swine Flu) until it mutated into a human form.





Your bunny, unless you have an incredibly large family (hundreds/thousands of people), all of whom have swine flu, will be perfectly safe. The virus cannot mutate fast enough in the time that you will be ill with swine flu.
Nah.. ya cant give an amial sickness... AHH SWINE FLU! when is it goin to end?! Thats good you care about your bunny that much though.. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment